Exhaust set up. Need help and pointers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm ready to do my exhaust on my truck. It has a brand new crate motor in it and Stainless steal shorty headers. My problem is that I have little know now on what I want on my truck for exhaust and what it needs as far as back pressure and so on. I want to do all stainless exhaust cause it just sounds nicer and maintance free. I want to have 2.5 inch off the headers taken down to 2 highflow cats then to an x-pipe then to 3 inch dual 44 series stainless flowmasters then back to the rear at a 45. The one shop I talked to said they cant do the xpipe but if I'm going to go all out I want it done my way. Just want some expert opinions and what you guys have and how you like it. What the performance aspects are. Thanks a bunch

NOOB!

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use 2.25" pipe all the way back, 2.5" at the biggest, any bigger and you will lose alot of low end and MPG, definitely get an x pipe, just make them weld it in after the cats.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Use 2.25" pipe all the way back, 2.5" at the biggest, any bigger and you will lose alot of low end and MPG, definitely get an x pipe, just make them weld it in after the cats.

This, and if they say they can't do an x=pipe, and h-pipe will be good enough

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
That would be a little bit of an improvement, but not quite ideal...a shop should be able to do it for a similar price if not less if you buy some thunderbolt high flow cats and have them weld it up

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yep, they're just highflow cats, Im sure they have to meets the same specs as all the other ones

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" would work, but I think a shop could weld up stuff cheaper then a whole kit, and if a shop won't do a x pipe then find a new shop.