Exhaust Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I just took it to a local exhaust shop, told them I wanted a DIDO 50 series with two slant cut tips 45'ed out the back and they bent all the new piping to route it how I wanted it from the cats back. All fully welded for $300 total.

You could probably takes yours to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a 50 series for not much more than the cost of the muffler itself.

Part of my thinking when I ordered the system from flowmaster was to get it all stainless steel, which comes with a full lifetime warranty. I'd imagine bringing it to a shop for a different muffler would void the warranty and I was also concerned that they don't make the 50 or 44 series (the two I was considering) in the proper diameters. I'd then want the shop to use all stainless for any piping of theirs. It may get costly I fear

ProCombat

Reaction score
In case you're still looking, here's my exhaust as a reference. It's a cat back system with a 12" Flo Pro brand muffler. Basically a knock off Flowmaster 40 series. It's deeper and noticeaby louder, but not too bad in the cab. Can hardly tell a difference when cruising on the highway.

http://youtu.be/oddZAA9drcg