Engine Cutting Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 with a 350 vortec. Occasionally when I accelerate from a stop the engine will cut out and sputter, it has gotten worse recently and haven't figured anything out that would cause the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tested or replaced anything yet? Last tune up, miles, etc...

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be anything. First thing I'd check is the cap and rotor.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Right, tune up first, plugs, wires, fuel filter, cap and rotor, air filter... Ect... that eliminates tons of simple, easy to overlook stuff, and it usually needs done anyway.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tested or replaced anything yet? Last tune up, miles, etc...
The truck has 92,500 miles and I haven't replaced anything on the truck. I used some stp complete fuel system cleaner a couple months ago and that helped for awhile but I didn't want to have to buy it every time I fill up.
As far as replacing the plugs, fuel filter and things like that I wanted to figure out what the problem before I went and spent a bunch of money and not fix the problem.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to post it once I got my truck fixed but it turned out that one of the wires to the MAP sensor was partially broken and that was what caused the truck to cut out.