ELM327 1997 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shouldn't hurt to swap them out and see if it makes any difference, I doubt it will though. Probably obvious but I wouldn't use 4WD considering the transfer case differences.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
The ecu from another truck I can read the codes from did the exact same thing so the ecu is not the problem, it must be wiring, the last thing I wanted.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I guess I'll start with the purple serial wire, anyone know what/where the power steering control module is? Electronic brake control module, where is it?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I found the locations, now gotta start checking ohms. AllDataDIY has a locations section.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Update, if I unplug the plug for the electronic brake control module I can read the codes. I am looking for a while long enough to check resistance on it, I know I put this module on it off a 1995, not sure if that is the problem, they looked identical.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking for a while long enough to check resistance on it, I know I put this module on it off a 1995, not sure if that is the problem, they looked identical.

Might have something to do with it... I know '95 was a weird year for lots of stuff.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
It looks like I can separate the electronic brake control module from the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve so I may be in luck.