Electrical - Anyone make sense of this..? where you at Skylark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The first pic is on my 90 drivers side. that truck has two batteries.
the second pic is from my 92, it is a single battery.
the third pic is on the 90. it is from the block to the frame. It has been so long that i do not remember if that is factory or something that i added for the plow truck. It is not a bad idea to add it if you truck does not have it.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I rerouted everything. The main ground is now on the number two intake bolt. The braided copper cable was cut in half but I'm mended it with a splicer for now and attached it, the firewall ground just kind of runs into the the harness. Can't tell much there. My truck is firing right up but I haven't driven that much and the battery light is still on.

Earlier someone had mentioned wiggling the pigtail in the alternator. But not the part that runs to your battery, so referencing the one purple wires that clips into the side of the alternator?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I rerouted everything. The main ground is now on the number two intake bolt. The braided copper cable was cut in half but I'm mended it with a splicer for now and attached it, the firewall ground just kind of runs into the the harness. Can't tell much there. My truck is firing right up but I haven't driven that much and the battery light is still on.

Earlier someone had mentioned wiggling the pigtail in the alternator. But not the part that runs to your battery, so referencing the one purple wires that clips into the side of the alternator?
Yes that is the plug that they had suggested.

Jeffro87

Reaction score
Some items ive seen rarely cause this, multifunction switch, dome override, i saw tape on cable to starter maybe shorting to frame?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Another thing to try is remove the cable on the back of the Alternator that comes from the battery, wrap it up so that it cannot short to ground and start the truck and see if you light is off.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No progress on the battery light, however my hot start issues have went away. My last problem is an extreme flex plate chatter. Originally thought it was the transmission I put in used but my fears were quieted.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did buy or get a new battery warranty deed as well as made sure to run all grounds to spec