Egr problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
When i cleaned my intake the EGR ports were clogged to shiit. That is most likely the reason its failing since 400s are prone to that

Sent from my finally running z71

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just made a block off plate for the intake manifold and installed a plug in the exhaust manifold. Then I just plugged the vacuum lines, no cel yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put a block off plate on mine, plugged the header and had the egr tuned out on monday from nelsonperformance. Everything works great

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Egr tuned ? Would that tell my computer that it's working ? So beter gas and no engine light ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevy6.5

Reaction score
It would just delete the egr function from the computer. Make it so the computer doesn't even know what an egr is

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Get a chip burnt from tbichips.com

Email brain at tbichips. Tell him your current mods and that you want the egr deleted. He will respond with all needed info.

chevy6.5

Reaction score
Chips don't do much for gas engines. If your lookin for more power noticeably you'd have to do some engine mods

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
The chip might not "do much" in terms of added horsepower, but it will take care of deleting his egr and run better with a little more pep....