Egr problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 350 I have my engine light on so I checked it myself it said egr system failed so I replaced the valve and it went off o month later cam back on said the system faild agin it left it alone it the light never came back on got my exhaust done the other day and got back in the truck light came on agin same problem egr system faild dose any 1 have any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure if yours also has a solonoid type part with an electrical connection, theres a hose that runs from the egr valve to this piece which is on a black bracket try replacing that

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it does I just replaced that and reset the computer and came back on I replaced the valve about a year ago. But I was thinking since the solenoid was bad mabye it messed the valve up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You probably have a chunk of carbon deposit clogging the egr. Pull it off and look inside. If it looks clean inside then put it back on them check you solenoid wiring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what brand egr did you buy to replace it? I tried two different MSD valves and both of them threw codes. Something about the electrical part is different on them. Just clean your old one really really well and put it back on there

LSUfan71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You probably have a chunk of carbon deposit clogging the egr. Pull it off and look inside. If it looks clean inside then put it back on them check you solenoid wiring.

I had a clogged EGR and replaced it. Now I'm having leaky intake gaskets. I pulled the intake and saw that the exhaust ports to the EGR were totally clogged, not visible from the top (with intake installed).

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah thats what they like to do, clog up. If you don't do some sort of treatment regularly for the carbon then it will happen again. This is why I deleted mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk