Ebay SCREWED Me! need your advice. (photos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Ok so I got this procomp es2000 steering stablizer from ebay and basically the description said "new" and this is how i got it. Please tell me this is effed up? This is what seller said to me.

Dear circavibe,
Just got the pictures. I see the dent. From my experience a dent on the outer body wont play a role in its function. Your also bound to get many more dents on it over the life of the stabilizer as its going to be right in the path of oncoming rocks and other debri on the roads. However, it did show up dented, and I want adress that. As its still perfectly functional, You can still use it, but I would like to partially refund you to reflect the dents on the body. This way you still get to use a perfectly good part, but you also get some money back since its not mint condition nay more.I also noticed you took a picture of the bushing where the white paint is chipped off. Thats totally normal since the busshing is soft rubber and flaxes so the paint chips off. in actuality, the bushing shouldnt be painted, but the factory just sprays the whole assembly, bushing and all. Please let me know what you think. I like to try and resolve issues in a very fair way.- shapsales

You must be registered for see images attach

how should I handle this. I want a brand new product, or $25 refunded? what would you do?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the dent isnt gonna hurt it unless its punctured. if that shaft has surface rust on it. id return it, that wont help the internals of the shock at all and may cause prematre failure although i doubt the shock will ever gete down that far. its a tough call. he paint on the buching isnt suppose to be there, and its jsut chipping because its not sticking at all.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like he knew it was dented to begin with but just played it off as it happened during shipping. Idk I would say use it and take the refund considering it won't be new forever!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
File a claim saying item isnt as described....never seen a painted bushing from a supplier btw

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the refund an use it. A brand new one will look like that in a few weeks anyways....

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
i payed $52 with free shipping so i figure a refund of $25 is fair? this was the first message i got from the seller:
Dear shapsales,
I don't want to give you negative feedback, but if I have to pay restocking fee for the pro comp steering stabilizer you sent me I will. It came all taped up and damaged box. the shock body has a dent on it and doe not look new with the paint chipped off and a dent! please contact me asap [email protected]. not happy.

Dear circavibe,
Hi thanks for your email. There is no need to bring up negative feedback in the first email. Lets see if you can solve this issue.All the packages I send out are taped up, thats to keep the boxes from busting open and the contents falling out. You mention that the shock has a dent. Can you take some pictures of the shock and the dent in question. You can attach the pictures in the response email. There is a button next to "send" to attach photos. Thanks.- shapsales

I agree that he knew it was all messed up! I hate having to deal with people like this.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the refund an use it. A brand new one will look like that in a few weeks anyways....

X2

I had the same stabilizer for my truck ( but it was Fabtech ) and did not even know it was there, the white body shocks are all crap...... I took it off and threw it away it did nothing for me.

Take the refund and buy a better stabilizer shock if you want it to work....