Ebay coil spring spacer concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blownfarmtruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-06-SILVE...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
I want to order these. But i have some concerns. In his add he states "1" THICK IS NOT 1" LIFT , IT IS 2.5" APPROX." That does not sound right to me. So i sent him a email.
MY EMAIL
Dear aftermarket_haus,
Do you have any photos of this product on the said truck? I am wanting to order this item, but your add says "1" THICK IS NOT 1" LIFT , IT IS 2.5" APPROX". How is this so? That sentence has me questioning the product, and its ability to lift my the front of my truck 2.5 inches. Im sure you can understand my concern. Thank you for your help.
HIS EMAIL
Dear countryboy.405,
The coil spacer itself is 1", but the physical height to lift ratio on those trucks is 1:2 or 1:2.5 due to the suspension geometry and the angle of the coil spring.

- aftermarket_haus
Does this sound right or his he just blowing smoke?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
It's true but just remember coil spring spacers are like cranking torsion bars... All your angles will be bad and you will wear out frontend parts quicker and possible not be able to align the truck properly. That's why I decided to get lift spindles.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
and they are a pita to install

Sent from my static android

blownfarmtruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lift spindles. Can I buy those separately out side of a full lift kit? Or will a whole kit need to be purchased?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The geometry of your suspension makes 1" coil spring spacers lift your truck more than one inch. If you widen the angle of a triangle, the opposite side will be widened more than the angle was widened. Only way a 1" coil spacer could only lift you 1" is if you put it under your tire ha.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Lift spindles. Can I buy those separately out side of a full lift kit? Or will a whole kit need to be purchased?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Yes. From Roughcountry.com I bought just spindles from them. But I already had 2in blocks for the rear.