E-fan control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
right now i am running twin 15" flex a lite fans with one controller....with a oversized radiator .... I was thinking of using one controller per fan and step up the on temp, for the second one .....to draw less amps 90% of the time.....anyone running this set up

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats kinda how the 411 PCM controlls the fans, one fan is kindof a low temp, the other a high temp (with other settings for A/C pressures, etc)...but I think running them separate is a good idea, why use more amps than you need.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let us know how it works out. I havent seen a dual fan setup to run separately w/o PCM control before. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do, just never seen one done like that.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
right now i am running twin 15" flex a lite fans with one controller....with a oversized radiator .... I was thinking of using one controller per fan and step up the on temp, for the second one .....to draw less amps 90% of the time.....anyone running this set up

The flex a lite kit that I am using runs both fans, just at 60% power.

The Flex-a-lite Variable Speed Control Module is an adjustable fan controller that can be set to have your fans come on at any temperature between 160-240F. When fans come on with temperature, they are activated at 60% run using a soft start feature, which greatly reduces startup amperage. As the temp rises about 10 degrees, the controller gradually increases fan speeds up to 100%.

I think the part number was FLX-31165.

Food for thought.

Good luck.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
yes...i have two of the varible speed controllers...just going to "t" off the temp signal and leave one wired for a/c and the other one wired to a switch