Dug into my front suspension today. Now I have a steering knuckle question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And we got less than anticipated but still enough to make a mess.

How much snow can WV possibly get? Once upon a time, I was briefly stationed kinda-sorta down that way and all it really did was get a little icy. The whole EFFING state shut down like it was an emergency. If we got that "little bit of icing" up north, you'll see people driving like bigger idiots than usual, but it certainly won't shut anything down.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
How much snow can WV possibly get? Once upon a time, I was briefly stationed kinda-sorta down that way and all it really did was get a little icy. The whole EFFING state shut down like it was an emergency. If we got that "little bit of icing" up north, you'll see people driving like bigger idiots than usual, but it certainly won't shut anything down.
We got maybe 5 inches with ice under it. First forecast I heard was about a foot. Last night the weather service forecast i saw a
Said up to 9.

Speaking non-driving people, had to go fix a water leak at the in-laws place this evening, one guy in the ditch in a Cherokee and lots of evidence of others being sideways fishtailing around (maybe intentional, maybe not?). People cant drive in snow or ice around here, much less rain.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup if the owner changes in Texas, you have to retitle the vehicle. Has to be re registered....
OK. I thought you meant the vehicle had to be re-titled every time it went in for a emissions verification.

@Schurkey, please remind me why I have to remove the Tbars from the LCA's again?
I can't tell if this is sarcasm, or serious, or if you've got me confused with someone else.

I'm the one who's been telling you that it's a pointless waste of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm to remove the torsion bars from the crossmember or the control arms; the bushings could have been installed with the arms hanging from the torsion bars, on the vehicle.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not too late to NOT remove the torsion bar from the control arm.

OK...

@Schurkey, please remind me why I have to remove the Tbars from the LCA's again?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, or serious, or if you've got me confused with someone else.

Quite serious. You said it yourself. "Too late to NOT remove them". Although, you'd never quite mentioned why. Unless you did and I missed. In that case, my bad.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Quite serious. You said it yourself. "Too late to NOT remove them". Although, you'd never quite mentioned why. Unless you did and I missed. In that case, my bad.

You've got it backwards. You were planning on removing them and he's saying that since they're still attached, that you can leave them that way. He advocates that pulling them is a waste of time/work/effort just to replace the bushings.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When I did my frontend in 07 (I think) I pulled everything apart, and the only thing I didn't do was the bushings. I was able to take the t-bars out with a good size hammer, but the truck was a lot newer then.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've got it backwards. You were planning on removing them and he's saying that since they're still attached, that you can leave them that way. He advocates that pulling them is a waste of time/work/effort just to replace the bushings.

So Schurkey was referring to the bushings, not the Tbars. Is that correct?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly correct. Thank you.

So Schurkey was referring to the bushings, not the Tbars. Is that correct?
I've made multiple posts, with photos, showing that the bushings can be replaced without disconnecting the torsion bars at either end. Starting with Post 12 in this thread:
Why are you taking the torsion bars out? Replacing them with different ones--different spring rate?

If all you're doing is replacing lower control arm bushings, you don't even need to remove the control arms from the torsion bar. At least, not if you're installing Polyurethane bushing inserts.
and several others in addition.

I did, however, lead you to another thread and posting showing how a 2-jaw puller could press the bar out of the control arm since you seemed determined to do things the complex/inefficient way.

Last edited: