Dually axle width: 2wd vs 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Are dually axles the same width on a 2wd and 4wd? I know the SRW axles can be different widths, but not sure on dually's.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dual rear axles are only available in two width size. The wider axle for pickup bed wider fenders. And a narrow axle for cab- chassis, flat bed or aftermarket installation.
On my '86 K3500, full size pickup bed, the inner dual tracked in front wheel track.
The actual measurements are in service the manual.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The previous owner of my one ton was in the process of converting it to DRW when the transmission failed. I don't think he wasn't doing anything to the Dana 70 other than switching the rear wheels and the bed.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Dual rear axles are only available in two width size. The wider axle for pickup bed wider fenders. And a narrow axle for cab- chassis, flat bed or aftermarket installation.
On my '86 K3500, full size pickup bed, the inner dual tracked in front wheel track.
The actual measurements are in service the manual.
Awesome, should make my findings easier, thank you.