Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
This. Everybody wants to "find" good people, and nobody has the patience any more to "build" good people. I always told my trainees, "When I retire and you take my position, how are you going to teach this to your trainees? Start thinking about it now."
I’ve got a kid at work I’ve been mentoring. He’s a good kid but he definitely lied on his resume about some things. Some days it’s hard to even be in the same room as him because he’s so childish. Either he doesn’t want to learn how to do anything or he only wants to work on older equipment. Jokes on him because the auto industry is advancing so fast he’ll be chewed up and shat out if he don’t actually take the initiative to retain some of the knowledge I’m trying to pass onto him. But time will tell if he makes it or not. He’s got a good head on his shoulders if only he’d use it for more than a hat rack

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

@Pauly1119 . These are the few pics I have of the wheel/tires.
The back has lots of clearance.
The front, I'm a little nervous about. Hopefully over the holidays I will get a chance to lift it off the control arms and cycle it through and check for clearance. May have to roll the front fenders, but hopefully not.

Pauly1119

Reaction score

@Pauly1119 . These are the few pics I have of the wheel/tires.
The back has lots of clearance.
The front, I'm a little nervous about. Hopefully over the holidays I will get a chance to lift it off the control arms and cycle it through and check for clearance. May have to roll the front fenders, but hopefully not.
Wheel stance looks great!! I’d take that .

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Decided to try and tackle welding up the filler for the tailgate handle relocater project.
Sanded/flapped/ground down what was needed. Sprayed on some weld through primer, on the back of the filler piece as well.
Looked at the setting chart on the welder and fired it up.
BLAM!!!! Big hole! Fuuuuuuuuu.......dge nuggets!
Dialed the voltage right down, and still blasting a few holes.
So I am now going to see if I can track down the adapter for 50A to 15A I saw a few months ago at the store. Should have bought it then. Idiot!!!! Lol
My buddy convinced me that I wouldn't need it as he welds with a 220v machine on cars all the time. Should have trusted my guts!
So off to the store.
Hopefully the story continues shortly!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well......no dice on the adapter I was looking for. But that was a good thing!!!! Lol
As I was sitting in the truck outside the store I was googling where to find one and came across a thread about my welding machine, same question/problem.
Apparently I dodged a BIG bullet!!!
My machine is NOT dual voltage, so I would have probably smoked it had I found what I was looking for!!!
So, I guess I'll just keep on plugging away at it, little by little. Few tacks and go inside and let it cool. Hopefully no more blow throughs!
Ya right!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Decided to try and tackle welding up the filler for the tailgate handle relocater project.
Sanded/flapped/ground down what was needed. Sprayed on some weld through primer, on the back of the filler piece as well.
Looked at the setting chart on the welder and fired it up.
BLAM!!!! Big hole! Fuuuuuuuuu.......dge nuggets!
Dialed the voltage right down, and still blasting a few holes.
So I am now going to see if I can track down the adapter for 50A to 15A I saw a few months ago at the store. Should have bought it then. Idiot!!!! Lol
My buddy convinced me that I wouldn't need it as he welds with a 220v machine on cars all the time. Should have trusted my guts!
So off to the store.
Hopefully the story continues shortly!! Lol
I know it's cold up there, particularly this time of year, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at the lighted toque (or skullcap/ stocking cap/beanie as we call them on this side of the border) in the Aldi ad you're using for masking paper. So I guess this could be considered a "Canadian locator device"?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's cold up there, particularly this time of year, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at the lighted toque (or skullcap/ stocking cap/beanie as we call them on this side of the border) in the Aldi ad you're using for masking paper. So I guess this could be considered a "Canadian locator device"?
Lol....guess that kinda does give the location away a bet eh?
And actually it's freakishly unseasonably warm where I'm at lately. It's -3c or 26 of your F degrees.
This time last year we were hovering around -40 for a few weeks. This was the first "brown Christmas" in something like 30yrs or so. I'll take it though!! Lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow. Weather is weird. Yesterday it was 38° F when I was going to work at 10:30 am. It was in the forties this morning, and now I'm sitting on the patio, with a beautiful sun on me. Around 65°F....