Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use locktite even with poly lock nuts. The locktite is added insurance. Poly locks are only supposed to be used once but I've reused them myself until you can turn the nuts by hand down past the nylon. Some of these bikes I build with big stroker motors will rattle every fastener loose unless you locktite,castle nut with cotter pins and tie wire everything!!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Overkill only happens when you've just shot a deer and your freezer won't hold it!
Hence why we have 2 chest freezers, one standup one and 3 fridges with freezers as well. I'd be lying if I said they were full. But woman and the boy are sure trying. Boy bagged a antelope few weeks ago. They have both been out trying to grab deer, but the buggers are not moving this year for some reason yet. They will get filled I'm sure.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, crawled underneath and loosened the LCA bolts, stood on the bumper and jumped up and down about 50 times to try and drop the front more. Gained 1/4", so it's something. Not much more my 160lb a$$ can do. Then I tightened the bolts up to the proper torque.
Then moved on to the uppers, they were just left snug at install time. I managed to get the drivers side camber between the lines on a 2ft level, to match the passenger side. Got the front bolts torqued down but I couldn't get the back ones done. I got them as tight as possible with a ratchet. Where it's going to go for an alignment is like a 3min drive from here so it should be fine??? Lol
I'm all ears if anyone has any idea how to get the back ones torqued up without a lift.
Tomorrow hopefully planning on doing the mirrors, because why not. And if I get the ambition, maybe start tackling the tailgate handle relocater. Can't weld it in yet, as my machine is a 220, and when we did the cab corner it was too much even with the voltage dialed all the way down. So I wanna get a 220-110 adapter.
And I did manage to land a new job Wednesday, start Tuesday due to it being a long weekend. $$$ and hours aren't the best, but it's something. My union job board has nothing. Still applying like crazy, but when I check on Indeed, anywhere between 50-500 people have applied for the same one. Funny though, noticed a LOT less people apply for the ones that require a wizz quizz!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you put the Jack under the lower ball joint with the wheel off?
Hmmmmmm..... maybe. I'll have to go out later with a thinking drink in hand and see if I can make that work.
We ended up taking the inner fenders out when we were installing them. That's NOT happening again!!!! Lol
But maybe with the wheels off I may be able to get a shot at it from the side. I'm not too worried like I said. The alignment guy will just have to undo it anyway.
Good advice, I'll probably report back tomorrow.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, crawled underneath and loosened the LCA bolts, stood on the bumper and jumped up and down about 50 times to try and drop the front more. Gained 1/4", so it's something. Not much more my 160lb a$$ can do. Then I tightened the bolts up to the proper torque.
Then moved on to the uppers, they were just left snug at install time. I managed to get the drivers side camber between the lines on a 2ft level, to match the passenger side. Got the front bolts torqued down but I couldn't get the back ones done. I got them as tight as possible with a ratchet. Where it's going to go for an alignment is like a 3min drive from here so it should be fine??? Lol
I'm all ears if anyone has any idea how to get the back ones torqued up without a lift.
Tomorrow hopefully planning on doing the mirrors, because why not. And if I get the ambition, maybe start tackling the tailgate handle relocater. Can't weld it in yet, as my machine is a 220, and when we did the cab corner it was too much even with the voltage dialed all the way down. So I wanna get a 220-110 adapter.
And I did manage to land a new job Wednesday, start Tuesday due to it being a long weekend. $$$ and hours aren't the best, but it's something. My union job board has nothing. Still applying like crazy, but when I check on Indeed, anywhere between 50-500 people have applied for the same one. Funny though, noticed a LOT less people apply for the ones that require a wizz quizz!!! Lol
Are you trying to weld your pieces in one pass? You should be spot stitching so as to not distort the metal too much and skip from corner to corner-side to side so the heat doesn't concentrate too much in one spot. If the area gets so hot you can't put your hand on it stop and let it cool. I use this method when welding on bike fenders to avoid burn through and distortion.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you trying to weld your pieces in one pass? You should be spot stitching so as to not distort the metal too much and skip from corner to corner-side to side so the heat doesn't concentrate too much in one spot. If the area gets so hot you can't put your hand on it stop and let it cool. I use this method when welding on bike fenders to avoid burn through and distortion.
Definitely stitch welding. I've watched enough shows, read enough articles and seen enough videos to know better than "sending it" when it comes to welding on vehicles. LOL
I'm not in a hurry, so a couple of tacks, walk away for a while. Maybe hit it with the air hose. I've seen guys use wet rags, but in my opinion, that could introduce rust.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to somewhat tackle the tailgate handle relocater project. Only did the relocation part, not the smoothing out part yet. Maybe after lunch and a nap . Lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is installed. Pi$$ed myself off taking the trim piece off. Snapped on of the tabs on what is probably the only OEM one still installed on our trucks!!!!! Lol but it fits and it's on the inside so if it sits wonkey no one will see it.

This will need to get bent down at a later date.

It didn't fit flush.

A little attention with the grinder on the two offenders took care of that issue.

Overall pretty straightforward. See if I get the ambition to burn some wire later today. My buddy is really addiment that I NOT tackle that part without him! Says he doesn't wanna have to fix up a warped tailgate. But I have enough experience to be dangerous!!! Low voltage, take my time and I should be ok.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel your pain ! I live in winterpeg, one would think we would have a fair selection of parts for these... Nope, normally in Barrie or Calgary/Edmonton for us. Rock Auto has become a valued resource now. Just make a big order,worse thing to happen 3-4 days delivery.... I have the SS style mirrors on a CCLB Dually, god I hate them hehehehe