Drop leafs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used the beltech drop leafs? Any comments on them? I want to make my truck more performance oriented so I want a nice ride and they say 4 inches of drop so I was curious if anyone has any experience with them and how they ride/handle?

Also not related to suspension but does anyone know who makes some slotted/drilled rotors for 88-91 ( I believe the rotors changed after 91) must be 5 lug. If anyone knows please tell me.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to have some BellTech drop leafs as part of my 5/8 drop on my '91. I loved the way they rode and handled. But, if you really want the best for handling, Hotchkis is having a closeout on their discontinued 4" leafs. $150 for the pair.

The rotors are different (smaller) on '88-'91 regular cabs only. All other 1500s have the larger rotors. I'm running some PowerSlot rotors on my '91. They seem to do well.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any link to the Hotchkis by any chance? I was just browsing through their stuff in a catalogue and never saw anything for our trucks?? I was looking cause I plan on doing the Beltech muscle bar front and rear and figured Hotchkis would make something does anyone know?? And I never had any luck with powerslot either do you have a part number?? Thanks a ton Im gonna go search now lol

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never used them but a buddy had a pair of Belltech #5960 3" drop leafs installed on his 98 Hoe and they didn't seem to ride to bad.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering those springs were originally $300 before shipping, you're getting a killer deal on the best drop leaf springs money can buy for these trucks. You'd be hard-pressed to beat that shipped price on any other brand of leaf springs. Even if you did, they won't be nearly as good.