Driver Rear Parking Brake Cable Adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Hey guys, tried searching everywhere and haven’t had any luck turning up anything.

I need to figure out how to lengthen the driver’s side rear parking brake cable. I found the adjuster, but it looks like it only can shorten or lengthen the passenger rear cable with the threaded adjuster. Any advice of how to lengthen the driver’s rear cable? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt

Reaction score
The adjuster lengthens/ shortens both cables at the same time via the equalizer.

Thanks for the quick reply. When I adjusted the cables, it seemed that turning the one that was threaded affected the passenger side one but left the drivers side one unaffected. I might be adjusting it the wrong way. Is there a specific way to adjust the cables at the same time?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. When I adjusted the cables, it seemed that turning the one that was threaded affected the passenger side one but left the drivers side one unaffected. I might be adjusting it the wrong way. Is there a specific way to adjust the cables at the same time?

Turning the nut on the threaded adjuster shortens/lengthens both cables at the same time even though it does not seem like it does.

Curt

Reaction score
Turning the nut on the threaded adjuster shortens/lengthens both cables at the same time even though it does not seem like it does.
Awesome, that's good to know! Waiting on some parts from LSMFG and I'll go ahead and re-tackle the adjustment. Hopefully this time I'll be able to lengthen the driver's side one.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Awesome, that's good to know! Waiting on some parts from LSMFG and I'll go ahead and re-tackle the adjustment. Hopefully this time I'll be able to lengthen the driver's side one.

The one thing that I would be cautious of is some after market cables do not match factory cables in length.

Curt

Reaction score
The one thing that I would be cautious of is some after market cables do not match factory cables in length.
Luckily I just need to get some length out of my OEM parking brake cables through the adjusters. Recently installed a rear disc kit and the drivers side cable comes up about 1 1/4" on the driver's side. Going to tackle the adjustment on the weekend. Thanks again for your help!

mrvsfriend

Reaction score
I just went through something similar with my driver side cable. I adjusted it and one brake was dragging, turns out the outer seating on the cable was bunching causing it to stick. If this is the case on your truck you should see a bulge in the cable where it's bunching up.