door lock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok well my dad took my truck to work today and when he went to leave about 10 or so he called and said he couldnt unlock my door

so i head out with my other set of keys to try to get it unlocked

i get there and neither key will turn the lock at all, tried everything i could think of in the frigid cold to get it to turn..no luck

some guy comes over with some deicer spray and sprays the lock in between the door good...took a few trys then it finally turned and unlocked

now when you go to unlock the door from the outside, the key just turns and doesnt feel like it catches anything to unlock it or whatever now

what should i do??

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pass door lock hasnt work since i bought the truck last spring but it wasnt really a problem till now when neither door lock works now

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WD40 it real good inside the lock mechanism maybe something is still stuck. If not its pretty simple to replace the door locks but unfortunately you will have to prolly do the ignition too? I'm not sure if they can order the correct lock cylinder for your key.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so just open the key slot in the lock and spray WD40 into the lock and spray the actual latch assembly or do i have to take apart the door panel and spray everything inside?

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
sounds like one of the little clips for the rods in the door broke, its a pretty easy fix, yank the door pannel, and pull all the screws out of the metal panel, then you should be able to touch everything, and make sure everything is hooked up and moves freely

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dam if it only wasnt so cold out i would rip into it but its barely above zero with wind chills below zero and i dont have a heated garage

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i love my heated garage i just wish it was bigger

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try more lube on the latch and inside the lock - if it fails then do the disassembly - i can get my door panels off in like 2 minutes with a panel popper tool. Then you have to remove a bunch of smaller screws to get to the inside but its fairly straight forward.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i got some wd-40 tonight so i will spray the crap out of it before i leave tomorrow for work...its seems like it works better now so i will spray it and hope that works so i don't have to tear it apart in the cold