Door handles completely jacked up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Neither of my drivers doors work on my Yukon, but both handles are falling off anyway...

If I just bust them the rest of the way off I should be able to get the doors open from the outside then for handle/rod replacement correct?

I'd hate to fly off and bust them and then really be screwed lol

kmkalf

Reaction score
You will be able to see and get to the linkages when the handles are out. You may need pliers to get leverage

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Awesome, I suspected as much, because there's no way I can figure out to pull the interior panel with the door shut

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have seen a guy get one off with the door shut, but it was insanely hard and the risk of breaking it is way high. You will probably dent the door trying to break out all the pieces of the outside handle enough to get the door open. I would suggest cutting out the plastic interior handle plastic where you can open it from there.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The outer handle is already flapping in the breeze on the front door

I'll probably do that on the back door thou

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
On my old yukon I had that issue, the actuator went bad and the interior hand broke with the door locked so it wouldn't open, ripped the handle out pulled the rod to unlock the door and it opened right up, you can also open it from inside by pulling the handle rod