Door card insert Material change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarKist

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to take the insert off to cover it? or do you just strip and recover it on the card. Your input/help is greatly appreciated.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Of the 5 OBS trucks I've had, the 4 of them that needed outer door handle replacement, all have had a 1 piece plastic inner panel with a plastic vapor barrier.
I'm not even sure what a door card is, care to elaborate?

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean the accent piece that runs horizontally along the top that the interior handle goes through?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to take the insert off to cover it? or do you just strip and recover it on the card. Your input/help is greatly appreciated.
Since you have both "old" and "new" interior style trucks in your signature, mentioning which specific style of panel you're asking about should help. I haven't replaced the material on either style, but the construction is clearly different between them.

Richard

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where does this door "card" vernacular come from?
same place as bonnets, marmite, drophead coupe etc ?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
where does this door "card" vernacular come from?
same place as bonnets, marmite, drophead coupe etc ?
Eh, it always made sense to me since in terms of older cars (50's, 60's, and probably older) the upholstered door panel is often backed by heavy cardboard-like material. "Door card" used in this context isn't difficult to understand.

Richard

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eh, it always made sense to me since in terms of older cars (50's, 60's, and probably older) the upholstered door panel is often backed by heavy cardboard-like material. "Door card" used in this context isn't difficult to understand.

Richard
I grew up w/ family JY in SE USA --- no spring chicken --- all i ever heard/used "door panel" --- until some UK-based used car flipper shows turned up on cable. Dunno, seems David Vizard calling NC home these days; but he's a motor pro not bodywork.

MarKist

Reaction score
Oh sorry the “inside door panel” 96 accent velour piece around the door handle. Sorry for the confusion