Dont bid drunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep 4.3 auto. I wonder how many rattle cans of camo it would take to cover it? Whatever I do has to be cheap but make a improvement. Im thinking mudders in the back maybe a light bar? Taking suggestions. Any body good with photoshop?
To be honest with you, It would be cheaper to get a paint gun from harbor freight, and some quart cans of tractor paint, and camo it like that. IMO you have a grate deal. Ok its ugly, but that can be fixed. Salvage yard the interior, and camo paint, and your good to go to the camp. My first GMT 400 was a WT with a 4.3L. It was a grate truck. I keep it for 10 years. I bought it in 99 for $3200. Sold it in 2009 when the trans went out @285,000 miles or so. Co worker begged me for it. Sold it to him cheap. He put a trans in it. Last I heard it had well over 300,000 miles on it.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Turbo it and leave the paint, perfect sleeper truck.

"Lol look at that piece of **** landscaper's W/T truck bet you it's slow af" then outrun them in their ****** Honda Civic.
As an added bonus leaving the truck the way it looks is a great theft deterrent! I'm pretty sure any thief wouldn't even consider stealing that truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I would have bought that in a heartbeat! I want another rclb soo bad! If i didnt want to replicate my 88 i would keep the "patina" make it safe then drop a turbo 4.8 in it & slam it!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

frige

Reaction score
I probably should have sold the truck cheap as soon as I got it home. But I just hate seeing broke things so here I go again. Tires were dry rotted but I found some almost new tires and rims on craigslist. When I got them off found the brakes were worn down to the revits. So new pads on the front, shoes and wheel cylinders for the back. Flushed the old fluid out while I was at it.
Muffler was toast so new oem type muffler.
A/c was out so new compressor and blower motor.
Scored a new pioneer cd player on ebay. $49 bucks.
Found a floor mat at pickapart along with some red door panels, a hood, and a fender.
Dash is a mess.

You must be registered for see images attach
20170916_094901 by frige2006, on Flickr

I bought a dash cover but there really isnt anything to glue it to. So figured why not fill the open area with foam.

20170916_154936 by frige2006, on Flickr

Man this stuff expands Im going to have to do some sawing. Also I think thats my tape measure in there.

20170916_192003 by frige2006, on Flickr

frige

Reaction score
I havent posted in a bit, but I have been working on the truck. I replaced the bed as it was beat to hell. Also new passenger fender and hood. Ran it over to Maaco and they slapped a paint job on her. Much better.
20171009_124148 by frige2006, on Flickr