DOES A 88 SILVERADO HAVE A LIGHT THAT COMES ON THAT WARNS ABOUT LOW FUEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I don't recall a light for the fuel gauge in these trucks, but my '70 Nova had a buzzer that would let you know when it was @ 1/8 full. A major PITA! Everytime that I wailed on it, the rear would squat, the front would come up, & even with a 1/2 tank, because the gas got thrown to the rear of the tank, that damn buzzer would bzzzzzzzzzt all through first gear, most of second, and 1/2 way through third!
I think a low fuel light would be another PITA, especially in a 4X4! Go offroading & that light would be flickering on & off. A two wheel drive corner carving truck, & it would be doing the same thing on every direction change. Not for me, thanks! Even if these trucks came with one, it'd be disconnected RFN!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I don't recall a light for the fuel gauge in these trucks, but my '70 Nova had a buzzer that would let you know when it was @ 1/8 full. A major PITA! Everytime that I wailed on it, the rear would squat, the front would come up, & even with a 1/2 tank, because the gas got thrown to the rear of the tank, that damn buzzer would bzzzzzzzzzt all through first gear, most of second, and 1/2 way through third!
I think a low fuel light would be another PITA, especially in a 4X4! Go offroading & that light would be flickering on & off. A two wheel drive corner carving truck, & it would be doing the same thing on every direction change. Not for me, thanks! Even if these trucks came with one, it'd be disconnected RFN!

Yeah those buzzers are a major pita....I thought my tranny pump had locked up the first time I heard it....it got deleted the second I found a rust hole in the tank!!!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I think the newer trucks that have low fuel lights probably have a circuit that won't turn the light on unless it's appears below a certain level for a certain amount of time or something. I've never heard of people complaining about it offroading with the newer trucks. Maybe it's a problem but if it was I'd think more people would be whining...

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I dont think so turn the key over but dont start and it should light up but Im gonna agree with everyone else and say no