Do I get the four or six RCX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently running a three inch body lift with 315-75-16. I have the money sitting here for an RCX, I had a quote for 1600 installed; my friend and I can could surely install the lift ourselves.

I have a few options of what to run, I'd like my mind made up before I purchase anything:

Should I take the body lift off, install the six inch rear lift and crank to six?

Should I leave the body lift on, run the six inch rear and crank to six?

Should I leave body lift on, crank front at four inches and leave the add-a-leaf off?

Take the body lift off and run a four block and crank to five or six?

Thank you!

You must be registered for see images

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as what kit to buy just get the 6". The only difference is the add a leaf. If you're not sure just spend the little bit extra for the bigger kit just in case you want to go higher later.

What is your final height goal or tire size you want to run? If you're staying on your current size I'd ditch the body lift an run the 6" kit. That's just my opinion though because I'm not fond of the way body lifts look.

Also there is a install tip thread you can check out, the link is in my signature. The install is doable if you have the time. The 8-10 hrs they list in the instructions is a joke...

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I would do the 6"
Before you install, coat the frame since there's more room and then remove it when you install the suspension if it's your dd.

9" of lift is a bit much for a dd IMO

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
4".... Not speaking about all trucks,,, but my torsion bars were worn. The 6" actually lifts the rear about 7". so since my t-bars were worn, it had a stupid ugly rake, the ass was 2 inches higher than the front. Some people like that look, but i dont..

Now some people have awesome torsion bars and can crank their front end another 4 inches to accomodate for the lift in the back but mine couldnt.

Unless you want serious angles and constant front issues, your options for running level are:

4" RCX kit (which doesnt come with the AAL) and run perfectly fine with some decent front height from cranking to have the ass sit lower
-6" rcx and swap the 4" block for a 2", I did this.. so really im running about 6" in the front and 5ish in the rear since 2" block and 3" AAL let it sit around 5"..

some people will disagree with me but if you want the front end to sit higher or level with the ass, get the 4".. Not to mention the AAL makes the truck ride like a stiff horse. and cranking it will make it worse..

Just my .02

**EDIT***

With a total lift of 9 inches (if you DO leave the body lift on there) you will surely need bigger tires since they will look a lot smaller :imo:

Last edited:

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I think I need to ditch the body lift.

My bars are worn out, and I also want to have some front rake. I'm leaning toward buying the six inch RCX and leaving the additional leaf spring out. I could run either 5 or 1/2 in the front and 4 in the back.

I could run 5 front and when I bump up to a larger tire I can throw the add a leaf on and crank it.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, will the RCX kit eliminate the issue of caster adjustment during alignment? Or will I still have to do the knock out.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Also, will the RCX kit eliminate the issue of caster adjustment during alignment? Or will I still have to do the knock out.

Are you reffering to alignments? if so then the answer is you will still need alightments and stuff. My alignment was wack for the first week i drove without one. it also hurt my tires really bad so i reccomend one the day you get it installed

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres no way to adjust caster on our trucks without removing a knock out first. Right now my tires are wearing out on the outside edge, they cant align it without removing the knockouts, theyre asking 200 dollar to knock them out.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Theres no way to adjust caster on our trucks without removing a knock out first. Right now my tires are wearing out on the outside edge, they cant align it without removing the knockouts, theyre asking 200 dollar to knock them out.

That sounds like a little too much money to remove them

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, I need to do more research on it and I can just remove them when I install the lift.

Thank you very much for your help!