DNX9980HD install in my 97 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a while but it looks like ur making good progress ccreddell... Cableguy we're waiting on u now...

Im kinda stopped financially. Two kids in college (and the running back and forth to get them there), and another in private school has tapped me out for the moment. Trying to sell some stuff now then we'll see what I can finish up.
My project got put on hold for a while too ... Unavoidable reasons ...

However, we come up with a fairly new game plan ... The dash will be comming out soon for a MAJOR stereo upgrade !!!
We are installing a passive 5.25" 2 way component set in the dash (opposite ends of teh defroster vents) to maximize stage and image ... Yes, we are doing this to a 97 Chevy dash ...
We are going to pull the dash, cut out and make enough room for a 1 cubic ft. airspace enclosure for the left, center, and right channels ...
Sounds interesting ?? its going to be a challenge for sure ... project starts after this comming up weekend ...

We will be finishing my head unit and AC controller install as we complete the component set install ... Stay tuned !!!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Done !!!

You must be registered for see images attach

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ccreddell , any updates on that project? Did you finish it?

Im looking to put a DD in my 98 and I have already bought the DetailSS kit but I like this idea as it will allow me to retain my carbon fiber dash overlay kit.. with a slight modification. Plus, its cheaper IF I can return the kit I bought AND IF I can find a grey ashtray from a 95.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have jumped on this train and I am attempting to relocate my hvac controls to the 95 style ashtray.
I searched hi and low for a 95 ashtray and almost gave up until I called a pick n pull a few states away from me. They had one in grey and I bought it!

Cutting it up took a LOT of trial and error but I think I'm almost there with it. I had no choice but to cut the indentation in the face where your fingers go to grab it. It was hitting the knobs. I couldn't move the control panel back any more due to space librations with the wiring. I'll figure something out to cover the opening at a later date.

This isn't the best place to put them if you want them within easy reach but we don't have many options. We touch the radio more than we touch the hvac controls so it shouldn't be too bad having to reach down once or twice while driving.

Anyway, here are some teaser pics. I'll be making a build thread for my truck shortly and will include all this in it.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not the greatest mod but it allows me to put a double din in the dash and have enough room for all the wiring. It will also allow me to keep, but slightly modify, the carbon fiber overlay kit I have on the bezel.

I was doing to go with the detailss kit but it would have meant spending a LOT more time and money on this project.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk