Distributor help on TBI to carb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes that is them . You can cut them and put on spade connectors or you can get a HEI connector from accel that locks on to the cap.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what all did you do-for fuel..keep the pump in tank or did you go to a on block fuel pump-just wondering..would love to see photos of the conversion.i have been thinking of changing over.but so far ..it is just thinking..

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock TBI fuel pump puts out more pressure than the carb floats will handle, need to add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in order to drop the pressure down to about 7 psi. Just plumb the regulator into the original pressure and return lines as noted in the directions or marked on the regulator, along with a new feed line to the carb.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran a pump on the block. Re routed the feed line on the passenger side. Over the cross member on top the gas tank. Then down the frame rail to the front. Also modified the pickup to remove the pump.

sketchy90z71

Reaction score
There's a big pink wire you will have to change the connector. If you have a tach use the small white wire just change the connector.
he's right just take the plug from the coil with the white and pink, chop em off and put those little blade connections on them then you just pop em on the + and tach terminals in your cap

sketchy90z71

Reaction score
Stock TBI fuel pump puts out more pressure than the carb floats will handle, need to add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in order to drop the pressure down to about 7 psi. Just plumb the regulator into the original pressure and return lines as noted in the directions or marked on the regulator, along with a new feed line to the carb.
don't forget to leave the oil pressure sensor from the ecu, it needs that to keep the pump running after it primes

ChicagoSteve

Reaction score
what all did you do-for fuel..keep the pump in tank or did you go to a on block fuel pump-just wondering..would love to see photos of the conversion.i have been thinking of changing over.but so far ..it is just thinking..

I left the pump in the tank as well as the return line. Bought a fuel pressure regulator through Holley which has a return port as well.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
So the white wire is the tac signal wire I am doing this swap on my 92 and I wanna keep my tach