Dirty interior plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 95 with older dirt stains on the top side and underside of the dash. Just dirty in general. I'm looking for a good cleaner that will take out the stains and clean it really well. Any ideas or experience?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Be careful with whatever you choose. Some of the dash parts are molded-in color, and some are painted. For example the dash shell itself and the bezel are painted, and so is your glovebox door. The glovebox door is particularly easy to scratch and peel. There may be some other painted parts that I'm not recalling at the moment.

I'd go with a very mild soap and a worn-out toothbrush. If you use anything harsh you'll likely damage the finish. I've seen lots of 95-up dash bezels with the paint rubbed off, and plenty of gloveboxes with peeling paint, and it looks like crap.

Richard

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
If it does come off, SEM Color Coat in Saddle Tan matches the darker 95 tan very well.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
try the tuff stuff carpet cleaner... spray it let soak and foam then gently scrub or soak in armoral for several minutes then wipe clean...both work very well for me

tunedbytuna

Reaction score
Don't laugh, I've used a rag dripping in glass cleaner. It usually gets most of the grime, without being to harsh on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have used many different cleaners. I do use a carpet cleaner a good bit if the dirt is bad, Reslove is grate, Glass cleaner is good for light dirt. I have also repainted several parts inside with plastic paint. The gray is a good match.

roughead

Reaction score
Megs APC dilute either 4-1 or 10-1. Its safe for any type of surface.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I used Meguiar's Carpet & Interior Cleaner, very happy with it. Easy to use: spray it on, wait 30 seconds then wipe clean with a pappertowel or piece of cloth.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but if it's really bad try some 91% isopropyl alcohol. It will dry out whatever surface you use it on so I'd recommend going back over it with some Meguiars or other conditioner of your choice.