Differences between 1995 OBS and 96-98 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Aside from obviously being TBI. What other features are only on the '95 models and not the others? I've heard there are quite a few differences.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
1995:
The interior in all C/K models is updated to a newer refreshing design. New gauges, an updated radio, new seats and door panels round off the interior redesign. New for the exterior were new mirrors with plastic surround and mounting brackets.
1995 is also considered the "odd-ball" of the 88-98 GM C/K trucks as the wiring harness, HVAC controls, and bell housing are not compatible with other years.

This is straight from our history thread. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?766-GMT400-History&highlight=gmt400+history

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think he was asking about the diff from 95 to 96-98, not from 94 - 95 which had a major interior/dash redesign. TBI to Vortec was mentioned starting in 96 on the gas engines. Another noticeable visual difference was the addition (in 96) of passenger side front airbag. Notice the cupholders on the half-tons disappeared and were replaced with said airbag.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
dont think they had the z71 package..till after 95. did not have passenger air which already mentioned.