Differences between 1995 OBS and 96-98 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The shape of the silverado badge behind the side window changed.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
So say I purchased a 4l60-e from monster transmission, would it work on the '95?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
was wondering that too, i have an 89 2wd so it wouldnt work in my 95 4wd,? or could ihave it rebuilt to work

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Better tell them it's a '95, I'm fairly certain that the trans harness plug is unique.

What a pain in the arse lol Oh well I love having the TBI with the new interior so I guess I can manage

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
A 95 tranny will only work in a 95. The 94 down did not have the electronic module on the side and the 96 up connectors are different. There may be mods to make others work in a 95 but I do not know.

95 and 96 dash are the same except for the ash tray below the radio. Passenger air bag introduced with the 97 models.

95 has a engine and under dash wiring harness specific to that year. Speed gauges and hvac controls are specific to 95 as well. The brake module might be specific as well.

Everything else is pretty much the same. No third door either. I think that was introduced in 97 or 98.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
guess i can sell the 89 tranny and driveshaft then, thought it looked a little different