Deleting ECM ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually on the TBI trucks, the ECM didn't have any say in A/C compressor control - the activation signal went from the head to the compressor relay, which went directly to the compressor. There is a line from the A/C relay to the ECM, but its only purpose was to tell the ECM that the A/C is activated. The only thing you'd need to redirect off the ECM is the fuel pump relay trigger - most everything else is already not a part of it. The fuel pump relay trigger is ECM pin A1, a green wire with a white stripe - which you could put on a toggle switch with the other side connected to the Hot in Run, so it'll shut off when you turn the key off. I only recommend the toggle because Idk how good it is for the pump to run when the engine isn't.

Great Info AK49BWL

Thanks man

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
EXACTLY what I wanted to hear

Mine is a 1989, Does the Speedometer still works from C100 connector on drivers side firewall.
and the ECM controlled the electronics for the trans?

Thanks Frank Enstein
YW! On an 89 the torque converter lockup is the only computer control. Easy to lock it up BMM-70248 IIRC

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody need a factory 4.3/700R4 ECM before I throw it away?

Free + Shipping

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the 1227747? If so, somebody will probably want it. You can modify it with a ZIF socket and flash your own tunes. I already have a couple laying around so, no thanks here.