P1870, 4L60E, PWM delete etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can the "PWM delete" be effected with a "tune" to the ECU? The ECU controls this behavior, so it would seem possible / likely.

I would much rather do this on the computer than on my back.

I haven't looked at the transmission parameters for the ECU on my '98 for this parameter, yet; this thought just came to my mind so I posted it.

(@NickTransmissions, nice write-up in the prior post :waytogo: )
i would do it in the valve body. there is a simpler and cheaper fix, just flip the inner valve on the tcc pwm valve and reinstall

Peavey

Reaction score
AC Delco, Borg Warner or Rostra.

AC Delco for the shift solenoids and pressure switch manifold

Borg Warner for the electronic pressure control solenoid (sometimes listed as a "force motor")

Rostra for the wiring harness, 3-2 control solenoid and PWM solenoid.

In addition to the online retailers @Deancr11 provided, Cobra Transmission and Transpartswarehouse.com should also have what you need and ship overseas.
Allright! Thank you so much for your replies (@Deancr11 as well)! I´ll do some research and see where it makes most sense to order parts. Are there any other parts which are a "must or nice to have" while doing this operation aside from the kit and the electrical bits? Obviously one would need a pan gasket and new filter but isn´t there, for instance, some sort of gasket attached to the valve body that needs replacing too? Separator plate and check balls? Something more?

I apologize again for asking so many questions, but this is totally new territories to me - I only know what the basic components in the transmission are called but have only little or no idea what or how they operate together. I´m also asking since this repair will be performed (given that I quit biting my finger nails over it) with the transmission still in and the rig sitting on jack stands on my driveway.

Again, thank you for your replies and thank you to everyone else sharing your knowledge in other threads in an amazing forum!

Best regards

//Johan

Vic327

Reaction score
That first post that says look up how to get to the valve without removing the valve body is the best advice. You can use a heavy spring or piece of tubing to lock out the converter slip and make it on off. Aluminum accumulator pistons should be on the list if you pull the valve body, for sure if you go with the shift kit. Get the one for the 2nd accumulator if you don't drop the valve body. Also follow the directions about the servo pin length with the shift kit if you use it.