another ECM issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pbeanbag

Reaction score
hi guys, yes i pulled the wrong fuse. i got confused on the diagram you sent me. So...today i removed the gauges fuse and the hum was still there. next i pulled the heater fuse and it went away . So, as someone earlier replied it is probably the door actuator. also each time i removed a fuse the truck ran still. now i am not sure if i even have a hot fuel module. here is a pic of Chef Boy-R- Dee lmao. i did mention that i found a bare wire from the tranny harness and taped it up and put convulated tubing over it. it drove around the block about 3 minutes and was ok. still i will wait until my buddy is around to tow me back before venturing out on the freeway. you guys have helped me a lot and i am very grateful. i will keep you all posted as to what i find so others can learn from my experice.
here is another pic of Chef Boy-R-Dee's dinner special. also my rich mixture code went away but it seems like the timing is messing with me. more today to remove.

Attachments

• more chef boy r dee.jpg
    more chef boy r dee.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 3

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simpler is better, 100% of the time.

And perfect matching of your wiring harness to the wiring diagrams in the
Factory Shop Manual = everyone is literally now on the same page as your
truck, and anything that happens can be figured out by all involved.

Restoring a previously-hacked GMT400 wiring harness back to new condition
is just like a fresh paint job or a new set of sneakers...just a lot less glamorous
when you're done, for it's all out of sight. :0)

Good stuff. Keep us in the loop.

:waytogo:

Pbeanbag

Reaction score
Simpler is better, 100% of the time.

And perfect matching of your wiring harness to the wiring diagrams in the
Factory Shop Manual = everyone is literally now on the same page as your
truck, and anything that happens can be figured out by all involved.

Restoring a previously-hacked GMT400 wiring harness back to new condition
is just like a fresh paint job or a new set of sneakers...just a lot less glamorous
when you're done, for it's all out of sight. :0)

Good stuff. Keep us in the loop.

:waytogo:
So after removing the Xtra wires it decluttered most of the mess. The one wire that I repaired from the tranny harness seems to have been the issue. I haven't gone too far but put my foot into it on the highway. So far so good. My advice to others is...really spend the time to check the wires in the convoluted tubing . They can melt together inside with no obvious signs. Thank you all. Now on to the next 50 issues.