dash replacement or fiberglass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
where can I find a new dash or a decent used one with no cracks or fading? I guess these dashes have stopped being produced but my suburbans dash is extremely cracked and broke and it used to shake all the damn time until I used metal straps and screwed it into the body. is it too hard to find these dashes? should I maybe make a fiberglass one or take it to someone? how much does a custom Fiberglass dash cost?

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The salvage yard down here sells them for about $100. Maybe check with your local yards. Mine sounds like it's in the same shape as yours.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright, I'll see what I can find. does anyone have a link to a thread on how to take a dash apart? I don't want to crack the new one trying to get it apart

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright, I'll see what I can find. does anyone have a link to a thread on how to take a dash apart? I don't want to crack the new one trying to get it apart ����

I posted a how-to on FSC when I replaced my 98 dash. You may have to log in to see the pictures. Maybe it'll help...

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...h/521791-1995-1998-dashboard-replacement.html

I've seen a few sellers on ebay selling complete dash shells for around $400 shipped which is what I ended up doing a couple years ago. All of the salvage yard dashes down here (MS) had cracks in the usual places.