Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
My truck has 138k and is on it's 4th 4l60e lol!
4th?!?! Damn. The suburban killed its 2nd 4L60e and I’ve decided to upgrade since then. I’m fairly certain this trans will live for close to forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
4th?!?! Damn. The suburban killed its 2nd 4L60e and I’ve decided to upgrade since then. I’m fairly certain this trans will live for close to forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that your big news? What'd you swap in? The suspense is killing me...

Curt

Reaction score
Is that your big news? What'd you swap in? The suspense is killing me...
Haha, well... it's part of it. I'd spell it out piece by piece but it'd flow a lot better as a whole story with some pictures to go along with it. BUT, I'll say she's basically a brand new truck. I just need to push my mechanic to work a little faster and get the truck back to me!! I'm going to stop by on Monday and check out the progress. It's nothing too fancy, just pressing the reset button on the drive train ;)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha, well... it's part of it. I'd spell it out piece by piece but it'd flow a lot better as a whole story with some pictures to go along with it. BUT, I'll say she's basically a brand new truck. I just need to push my mechanic to work a little faster and get the truck back to me!! I'm going to stop by on Monday and check out the progress. It's nothing too fancy, just pressing the reset button on the drive train ;)

If you did an LQ4/80E/14 bolt SF I'm going to be so jealous. That's what I'm working towards in my red C1500 right now. 1/3rd of the way there...

I'm selfishly hoping whatever you did involved an 80E going into a K1500 'burb, because then I'll have something to go by when I inevitably have to do it to mine. :lol:

Curt

Reaction score
If you did an LQ4/80E/14 bolt SF I'm going to be so jealous. That's what I'm working towards in my red C1500 right now. 1/3rd of the way there...

I'm selfishly hoping whatever you did involved an 80E going into a K1500 'burb, because then I'll have something to go by when I inevitably have to do it to mine. :lol:
Aww man, that sounds sweet. I kept it way more simple than that. In my head, it's more of a keep it simple, use new parts while we're in there, and upgrade wherever the budget allowed. Whenever this drive train decides to go out (probably not for the next 200k+ miles), I'm going to do another overhaul aimed more towards the LQ4/80E/14 bolt SF.