Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, maybe I should stop using computers that are the same age as my truck.

If not, at least consider switching to a different operating system if they're going to be connected to the internet. That looks to be Windows 7 or 8 if I'm not mistaken, and Microsoft has ended support for both of those at this point. Connecting that system to the internet as-is probably isn't a great idea from a security standpoint.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If not, at least consider switching to a different operating system if they're going to be connected to the internet. That looks to be Windows 7 or 8 if I'm not mistaken, and Microsoft has ended support for both of those at this point. Connecting that system to the internet as-is probably isn't a great idea from a security standpoint.
No, it's actually XP with the Royal theme, I'm really just kidding around using it.
You must be registered for see images attach

My day to day laptop is this this Lenovo Thinkpad X201 running Debian 12.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even if I did upgrade to a slightly more modern operating system, it still probably wouldn't support the latest firefox, since the CPU doesn't have SSE2 support (A Pentium 3M running at 1.13GHz).

At least it plays Duke3D on its beautiful 1600x1200 screen.

Last edited:

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even if I did upgrade to a slightly more modern operating system, it still probably wouldn't support the latest firefox, since the CPU doesn't have SSE2 support (A Pentium 3M running at 1.13GHz).

At least it plays Duke3D on its beautiful 1600x1200 screen.
Duke nukem is still awesome

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
No updates yet on my ‘98, but…..

I bought this today for my new DD. 2006 Silverado with the 5.3 and 136,000 miles. Just came to Michigan from South Carolina so it’s spotless. I started a thread in the Other Builds section to keep track of what I do to it.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
The paint shop has been swamped with work so I just got a few more photos sent today. Should be getting some more tomorrow too.