Cylinder head question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
If you want quality, reliability, and are not chasing hp why not stick with stockers? Seems like alot of headache for no gain if you're not gonna tune.

I'm not even sure a pair of vortecs and an intake would see anywhere near full potential on the stock tune. That's probably the cheapest worthwhile head swap around.

That's what I was trying to imply with my last post.

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm you guys gave me some things to look at. Just figured if I'm spending the money when I'm on deployment for a rebuild might as well do it with some upgraded components that give me room down the road for further modifications. Right now I'm leaning towards a Carolina machine engines rebuilt engine as they are 1) a hometown company and 2) one of the best engine shops I've ever seen and also a nhra engine builder. I had them rebuild both my 360 in my cuda and the old 71' 302 that was in my ford f100 before I sold it. I've dealt with a lot of engine shops but they take the cake every time

Sreinke

Reaction score
These are great heads....aluminum and decent price. Dual intake bolt pattern and dual valve cover options....cut for guide plates and screw in studes...inculded everthing except roller rockes....get your pushrods from them too.....everything they sell is high quality

You must be registered for see images attach

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
These are great heads....aluminum and decent price. Dual intake bolt pattern and dual valve cover options....cut for guide plates and screw in studes...inculded everthing except roller rockes....get your pushrods from them too.....everything they sell is high quality

You must be registered for see images attach

OP, disregard this post. You can't use "skip white" and "high quality" in the same sentence unless the word "not" is in between them. This is of course, not to mention that it's completely unadviseable to run heads w/ 200cc intake runners on a street duty 350" engine with a stock camshaft and induction setup.

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
slowburb,
Ive never heard of skip white, but thanks for the advice to steer clear there. I looked at the dart, and my GM cert mechanic neighbor is looking as well. He advised the older double hump heads, or a set of fast burn heads, and said you can usually get them for a good price.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Anything hotter than stock is going to want improvements to air, fuel, and timing. At least a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator or quarter mod, TBI mods, better intake manifold, and chip. Do you acknowledge this? Are you prepared to choose parts based on these necessities?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that... wonder who my local distributor for plutonium is.

The Libyans, of course. :lol:

In all seriousness though, it seems like you're making life a little hard on yourself by trying to avoid a tune.