Custom 3" Lift Help, Lift Kit Parts Sold Individually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you can find someone selling a used suspension kit. Or be lucky enough to find one in a yard.

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can find someone selling a used suspension kit. Or be lucky enough to find one in a yard.

Yeah im always on the lookout, thing is up north there arent alot of guys runnin them who wanna swap out anymore. I found a 1st gen rough country one that actually had rot holes in it, and I didnt think thatd be the greatest idea...

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not exactly cheap but i found the rough country 3" upper control arms for 300 dollars.i was thinking of just installing the rough country upper control.arms on my truck...the torrsion bars are cranked 2" has any body ever tryed this before,and is it something the op should consider?

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not exactly cheap but i found the rough country 3" upper control arms for 300 dollars.i was thinking of just installing the rough country upper control.arms on my truck...the torrsion bars are cranked 2" has any body ever tryed this before,and is it something the op should consider?

Definitely intuiging. Let me know if you get them if they make a difference.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
You really sound like a body lift candidate to me. Keeps your factory ride, give's you clearance for 35's (which get your frame away from the ground), and you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

BTW, going down Jeep trails, my biggest concern is getting the body into trees, not the frame one the ground lol.

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really sound like a body lift candidate to me. Keeps your factory ride, give's you clearance for 35's (which get your frame away from the ground), and you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

BTW, going down Jeep trails, my biggest concern is getting the body into trees, not the frame one the ground lol.

Yeah there are a few times where I gotta find a different route thru cause im too wide but the truck can get 95% of my buddies with grand cherokees can get. My only body lift concern is that the truck is a 5 speed. Idk how it will effect my shifter. And Id probably need to make a new line for the clutch as well.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Yeah there are a few times where I gotta find a different route thru cause im too wide but the truck can get 95% of my buddies with grand cherokees can get. My only body lift concern is that the truck is a 5 speed. Idk how it will effect my shifter. And Id probably need to make a new line for the clutch as well.

I don't think you'll have a problem with the shifter or clutch.