Crew cab interiors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I want to put a 1999 Crew cab on my 1989 Dually, could this be done as far as interiors? How different would the fire walls be ... I want to keep the original '89 interior. So im not sure about pillars and stuff. The front shouldn't be a problem, I could make it work. But the plastics around the back window, or in the middle of the two doors. Are they all the same? Will they all match up? Or door panels, can I mount 88-94 rear crew cab/suburban door panels to the 1999 doors?

Also wondering about the fire wall, will everything from the TBI motor work on the 99 fire wall? I know the fuse panels are abit differently set up...

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The mount that the column bolts to is different from 88-94 and 95-98. The rear doors are also different since there not like the front and you cant change the inner structure. All the plastics interchange

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
The mount that the column bolts to is different from 88-94 and 95-98. The rear doors are also different since there not like the front and you cant change the inner structure. All the plastics interchange

My extended cab front doors will bolt up to the crew cab, so im not worried for the interior panel there ... The rear doors I had read some where that some one said that 88-94 and 95-02 doors are abit different which their not interchangeable ... Cant remember whats different about it ... But im wondering if theirs any way I could make the interior panel out of a older body style burb or crew cab bolt into it ...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
you could prob take rear doors from an 88-94 burb and make those work Eric...though the shells are the same so i cant see why you cant take the guts from burb doors...

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I cant remember why, ill have to check it out. Maybe try and find the thread that someone says it ... Lester, do you know if I could change the columb bolting location without cutting and welding it?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant remember why, ill have to check it out. Maybe try and find the thread that someone says it ... Lester, do you know if I could change the columb bolting location without cutting and welding it?

you have to drill out the spot welds and weld the other one back on, its only 4 spot welds if I remember right. The mount has to be changed because the 95-98 mount is further forward, the 88-94 mount is further back.

The rear doors where the inside handles mount are different and theres no inner panel that you can unbolt. Suburban/crew cab doors are the same.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I believe draggin95 said the rear interior door panels cannot interchange because the door is one piece and does not have an inner door skin like the fronts