Cowl hood???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mines in my sig. I cant remember what brand it is, was like $325 through my friends body shop.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a reflexxions wide cowl. It is very nice, and uses a GM core. Was expensive though.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
can you send me a pic of the underside of the hood, does it have the ram air flow to the air box on the side, and lets see how it looks on your truck too. I've always liked that style hood.

it unfortunatly isnt functional Ram air yet.... i have to cut out the hole in the front... and there isnt a tunnel that goes to the airbox :( but i just popped the lid off the filter... and i still notice a differnce in throttle responce and get-up-and-go

it will probably make its way onto my Sport soon... its more functional on there because all i have to do is flip the lid :p

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought about routing my intake different to get a ram air like effect with my cowel, but i dont think it will work or be very benificial for the work that would be involved. not to mention having my air filter get all wet when it rains lol. what do you guys think?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good rover.

i thought about routing my intake different to get a ram air like effect with my cowel, but i dont think it will work or be very benificial for the work that would be involved. not to mention having my air filter get all wet when it rains lol. what do you guys think?

Rover's truck didn't come with a tunnel. Nor did yours.

it unfortunatly isnt functional Ram air yet.... i have to cut out the hole in the front... and there isnt a tunnel that goes to the airbox

I would build some type of tunnel that could pipe the cool air from your cowl over to your intake.

Phil

Nonsense.
Reaction score
Just put mine on today actually. Bought it off a local member on GMFS a few months ago. Its a Reflexxions hood, or so he said. The stripes are a bit meh but I'll deal with it until I paint the truck (which is a while off since the truck doesn't even move right now)

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would that even be worth trying to do?

ya, all you need is some sheet tin, some bracketry, and nuts and bolts, and try and fab something together that will pull your air from the cowl over to the intake