Couple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so I plan on going lower with my truck. I currently have a 4/6 drop using spindles and drop springs up front and a flip kit out back. I am wanting to go a 5/8 drop but I dont know what I would need to buy. Also I am looking at adding a rear sway bar and have no clue where to begin.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shackles is the only way I know other than removing the over load leaf. I don't think one could get away with a drop hanger and flip kit, pinion angle will be to far out
As far as the sway bar goes, I haven't a clue. That's a little further down my to do list
Here's mine with a flip kit and 1" lowering shackle still need to go lower in the front.
You must be registered for see images attach

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea after reading only way to get a 8" in the rear is with shackles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to roll that low on a regular basis you're better off bagged, and that's an opinion coming from someone that prefers static over bagged.

For rear sway bar, check out Hellwig. Don't know if they still do them this way but the GMT400 bar is a "no drill" installation, though I found it's not a bad idea to at least tack weld the u-bolts to the rear end housing once you get it where you want it. AddCo is a decent bar too but requires you drill 4 holes in the frame for the bushing mounts. I've had both. The AddCo's end links are too long for a dropped application but nothing stopping you from chopping them up a little for a better fit.

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im leaning towards not bagging this truck. Might do another frame down the road for this truck with airride or might do a prostreet camaro. This truck was supposed to be a daily driver

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put close to 100,000 miles on my truck when it was a daily driver with a 5/8 drop. I kinda miss those days sometimes.

You must be registered for see images attach

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mines 8" in the back (c-notch with shackles) it rides pretty good and I have no problems. The front used to be 5" but with the 22s it was to low and the tire would catch the fenders a little when turning