Couple Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
1. the outside air temperature doesnt show up on my rearview mirror anymore but the compass works...
thoughts?

2. When i open the door it doesnt trigger any lights inside the cab to come on. The black switch that the door presses against when closed. If i wiggle the black knob the lights will come on. broke on both sides, driver and passenger

here is a picture of the black switch, next to the green wire.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Check the wires going to the temp sensor in the grill, as for the door light switches I had a similar problem but mine would not shut off and would kill my battery over night. I ended up having to replace both of them to cure my light issues. If you mirror temp sensor ends up being bad, PM me I think I have an extra one in my toolbox we could work a deal on.

Reaction score
where exactly is my mirror temp sensor in the grill? i never appreciated that little temp sensor till i didnt have it.

and how do you replace those door switches? i better not have to pull a crap ton of dash out

Reaction score
If your looking at the grill mine is on the right side of the emblem. It's easier to get at if you remove the grill. Here's a picture of it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I used a set of trim removal pliers that slip behind the door light switches and pulled them out that way-not hard to do.

Reaction score
cool thanks. the door switches are about $5 a piece on rock auto

i cant find the temp sensor on rock auto. any idea of the price or acdelco part number?

Reaction score
I picked mine up from a junk yard. I have an extra one if you want it, I've sold a few of them for $10 shipped.