coolant drain plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so on the side of your radiator on the driverside lower area theres a nipple on the side where you attach a hose, i remember using it awhile back but its not working for some reason, your just turn the key type thing correct? i know it sounds stupid, reason i ask i need to drain my coolant i had stuff put in to see if it would seal off the leaking head gasket and it seems as though it worked. im going to run the truck for awhile to see if any air bubble are coming through to the radiator and if not i will be draining it as well as replacing the coolant temp sensor.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Usually they turn and then you pull it out some, but they brake all the time, I suggest pulling the bottom rad hose, that's what. I usually do.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either way work's just whichever is easier to get to, a word of caution though this method will drain the radiator very quickly and make a mess, be sure to have a pan ready!

BubbaZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With yours being 4wd tyler plan to have a few pans ready the frame rail is right there along with a couple other ''runners'' for coolant to wander off..Ask me how i know!