Converting to no Computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Alright. This is my first post. So bear with me.
I have a 99 GMC suburban. It's a premodel so it's the same thing as a 98. Mine came with the stock 5.7. I am converting it to a 6.5 turbo diesel. Here's the catch. I want to make it so there is no computer. I know it's harder and there really is no reason for it. But I'm doing it. I have the EZ-TCU for the transmission shift points. I just want to know what I need to wire to my dash to make the SUV operate. any help would be appreciated. Any further information I can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so less power and worse mileage? why not just cummins swap it, itd be a worthwhile swap at that point, or duramax and an allison. i mean it can be done but im pretty sure youll need the computer for your guages unless you go to an aftermarket cluster.

Reaction score
Like I said. Makes no sense. I know. The gauges wil be aftermarket.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well i dont know 6.5's except for maybe you can go back to ancient square body 6.2 technology and not need a computer. i kinda think youll need one for a 6.5 more so a turbo 6.5 due to it having a PMD and such. i would ask the likes of great white on here he might now. otherwise theres a fe other 6.5 junkies and one guy who 6.2 swapped his truck.

Reaction score
I want a truck without a computer. It's been easy up to the wiring. I just don't want to put it in and forget something. IE the glow plugs?

Reaction score
Yeah. I know it would have been easier. Just wanted it done like this. Have 15 grand to play with.