Condenser / Orifice Tube Woes.... (Wrench Sizes?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nrowensby

Reaction score
So... it turns out I don't have a wrenches big enough for the nuts on the hose between the condenser and evaporator... Have standard wrenches up to 1", but nothing that big in metric.

Does anyone know, off hand, what size each nut is so I can go get some correct fitting wrenches and finally get my AC blowing in this beast?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are probably still SAE sizes. My suggestion is to borrow some dial calipers and measure the fittings, and buy wrenches accordingly. A couple of good 12" or 15" adjustable wrenches could also serve you well, and would likely get more use than a large fixed wrench.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This ^^^

I've always just used quality adjustable wrenches. Get them nice and tight on the fitting so they don't just tear them up. I also spray them ahead of time with Blaster.

Using the two-wrench method also helps a lot, where you have a wrench on the fixed nut as a backup - a single handed grip on both, squeezing them together in a way that moves just the wrench on the nut you need to remove, is the trick.

Kinda displayed here on this TBI fuel line fitting...a simple concept but one not everybody may keep in mind.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^x2
I normally use an adjustable as well just be sure to use a quality one and have it adjusted properly because the aluminum will round easy if there's slop in the wrench

nrowensby

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I've got one high-quality adjustable now... Guess it's time to invest in another! :)