Composite to Quad Sealed Beam headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondered if this was possible to do. Once my headlights get foggy or maybe this Christmas, I would like to convert to the sealed beam headlights. Kind of change it up a bit, you know? I have read a thread about this that someone did, but they never explained what I have to cut and splice in for the wiring and such, and that's the part I am a little hesitant about. I know my local junkyard has quite a few 88-89 trucks. I do know I have to get the headlight assembly mount and stuff like that. Should I grab any wiring that is connected to the headlights? Is there anything that I would need to accomplish this? I have not yet looked at any of this stuff yet, this idea just popped in my head and the yard is closed today sadly.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Grab the headlight pigtails if you're going to run the sealed beams. You can also buy the euro lenses from lmc so you could still run 9006&9005 bulbs. If you stay with the actual sealed beams just make a couple of adapter pigtails to plug into your current wiring so you're not chopping anything up and it's easily reversible or removable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Wait, they make euro lenses so that I can still use my bulbs? Cool! :D I will have to research more about these euro lenses on LMC then.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in the process of doing this now. I have a couple sets I'm going to hobble together into one good set, then plug in with my hd headlight harness. I just ordered some extensions off of eBay that I'm going to cut the 9005/9006 ends off of and hard wire to the sealed beam pigtails.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Yeah those are too out of my price range, way too expensive for 4. :(

I will just do the splicing instead. When I get them, I'll let you guys know when I need help with them, I will definitely need help with what wires I have splice and put together and such. :) Thanks guys for the great info! I now just round up some money and get these sometime at the local yard. Would rather get new headlights, any brands you guys recommend that are fairly cheap? I have seen the GE ones at my local farm store, would those be any good?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed they're not cheap. That's why I don't have a set. I'd say Phillips or Sylvania brand. I've never used GE brand. They could all be the same, who knows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Ok, I will probably choose Sylvania, I have always had good luck with those. Thanks for all the advice man, I really appreciate it! :D

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
did this years ago on the 93. really like the look and durability. the harness on the ps low beam wasn't making a good connection last week so i removed the wires and plugged them directly to the bulb. after 28 years, it was a little melted and guess the connector had moved in the harness.
i run GE and have had good luck.
do the relay mod to get full voltage and you will have twice as much light on the road.
here's a good thread about lights:
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/
have not heard any good reviews about the LMC housings.