colorado offroading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
This trail was in Minturn co, near vail. It was pretty fun and had a couple sketchy spots!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I wish I still lived closer to that area!
When I lived in Albuquerque a 4x4 club I was in made a few trips up to Fairplay, CO. Trails there range from easy to pretty dang hard... The Mosquito Pass trail that goes between Leadville/Fairplay. At 13,000+ ft elevation it is the highest motorized trail in Colorado (So I've been told). It's a bit challenging in a few places depending on which way you go IIRC but I do remember a guy with an open diff Chevy Blazer made it up without too much of a challenge, and the views are incredible and lots of cool stuff to see like abandoned mines/buildings & equipment
http://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/178-mosquito-pass-usa.html

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
yeah I have actually dirtbiked mosquito pass its very fun! Fairplay area has some really good trails and fishing imo. There are lots of trails that exceed 13000, at least according to my iPhone. I used to ride guanella pass trail that goes up to the Santiago gold mine, but it has since been ruined by morons who moved here. If you know the secret spots you can ride that trail all the way to montazuma in keystone and up on that peak my phone said 13,720 or something iirc. My truck would never make it that high without a turbo. Only down side is I get the worst headaches later in the day after doing those kinda rides on my bike.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the springs but only riding on 285s with a block and crank. My friend has a lifted Land Cruiser on 35s though.