Color ideas!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my truck is about to be painted. I stripped it right now and did some mods, now it's at my cousins body shop getting final smoothing and then color

Was originally planning on Laguna blue (corvette color)

What do you guys think?

Here's how it looked before, and these are my new wheels for it.
You must be registered for see images attach

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 for stock, I like that blue! Plus I like to see people maintain the factory color schemes, but that's just me.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I say it's your truck you should do it up the way that you feel. Yes most of us like original colors but these trucks are something were building and customizing to fit our taste an the paint is one of the biggest changes that you can do to fit your taste.
With that said with the grayish rims I think a little darker blue would flow really well. Watever u decide make sure to post pics

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!
It's deffinitly not going back to the stock color. Where's the fun in that!? Wayyy to many gmt400s around here that color

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with painting it how you want. I picked a powder blue and mixed it myself and it is the only truck I have seen that color. Every day I get a comment about the truck or the color all favorable. Keep your eyes open for a color you like on a similar size vehicle to get a better idea how it will look. Bright yellows look great on small cars but may be to much for a truck. There are a lot of very unique colors coming out on new cars but beware that some are fad colors that go away quick and then become kind of dated. Think of the aqua colors of the 80's that are way out of style now.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I vote Laguna Blue, that color looks sick! I'd honestly keep those chrome wheels though, but that's just me.

1994k1500

Reaction score
Im with you all the way with Laguna Blue. Aqua Blue Metallic is another one of my favorites from the 2010 Camaro's

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Black.

Overplayed? Maybe. But damn if it doesn't look good. Something about a lowered GMT400 in black just drives me wild. <3

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A dark blue would look killer with those rims. Something that almost looks black in the dark.

Call me crazy, but I think you could also pull off a darker red, if you wanted to completely 180 the color scheme.