CodyB's '96 Silverado Chat Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Sure, send the pics my way.

And I was thinking about just getting the 6lug stuff from a K1500 OBS, just keeping my lower arms, and use everything else from the 4x4 stuff since its all 6 lug, the rotors are not made into the hub like the 2x4 stuff, so that's a plus if I ever have to swap, or get the rotors turned later. Or is there a really good reason guys don't do that for the 6lug swap? It would be fewer vehicles to have to remember... The 4x4's don't have a hub poking thru.

Oh I just thought of one glaring thing, Drop spindles... Unless I could find them for a 4x4, I'm SOL... And like you just said, most 6 lugs were not designed to have a hub sticking thru them, like the C2500 setup is...

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The 4x4 axles are wider you will need a rear out of a c2500. I can get you all the info you need on it if you want. I thought about doin this on mine as well but its a lot of extra money and work for some wheels. The 335s are some of my fav wheels and are good priced. Like draggin said runnin a 4/6 20's may be better. I like having sidewall to protect my investment lol' There is a seller on ebay that has the 335's in black or silver 20's for 795 shipped

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Right now I think I'm going to keep with the 5 lug 335's and I want to get chrome. Since I'm getting a real job soon, I'll probably save up some money during summer to bag the truck hopefully by this winter, so I want to grab the 22's and a decent layer of rubber wrapped around each.

It woulda been nice to grab another 10 bolt with a G80 to swap in, but I may just go scour the junk yards for one or get one of the lunchbox limited slips, like a lockrite or comparable drop in unit for mild street use...

Last edited:

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Just picked up a nearly perfect tailgate for the CHEAP! it has wear and tear on the inside, but that's insignificant. This is starting to fall in place quickly and easily.