Clunking on deceleration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What makes you say the transmission mount is good? Just because it is not broke in two? I have seen transmission mounts that are saturated with fluids and breaking down and allowing too much movement during the torque of engine and transmission operation. But not broken.

Jason_Staggs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes you say the transmission mount is good? Just because it is not broke in two? I have seen transmission mounts that are saturated with fluids and breaking down and allowing too much movement during the torque of engine and transmission operation. But not broken.
I’m assuming it’s good due the fact that when I was shaking it it wasn’t moving very much and when I tried to jack it up to see if it was separated it started picking the truck up also. It could still be bad I’m gonna replace it as well but I’ve already go so far as to remove my transmission that I might as well do the rear main and clutch as well. Also the issue of my transfer case and transmission seemingly having their shafts welded together now

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I want to see pics of the clutch disc and pressure plate and what does that throw out bearing look like and the pilot.

Jason_Staggs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see pics of the clutch disc and pressure plate and what does that throw out bearing look like and the pilot.
I’ll post pics when I get it out fully. I’m having to take it out with the transfer case still attached and it likes maybe half an inch from clearing the tip of the input shaft plus it’s been raining on and off and I’ve been working on it in my yard so it’s getting muddy