Chrome grill paintable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
If the chrome isnt peeling just scuff it with a red scothpad wipe down n shoot....also the corners are diff i need to get one for my truck cause its not the rt style

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
The only problem with getting the grill and filler piece from the newer one, is that the bumper on the newer ones either stick out more that the older ones, or they sit closer and more tucked in than the older. Icant remember which. I think the older bumper sits in closer, and you have to trim a little on the front tabs of the filler piece for them to fit behind the older bumper, or get the brackets from the newer bumper.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
What I noticed on mine is the newer corner peice has a notch for the end of the filler to slide into the older dont and of course that was what I bought to replace my busted one...I well Ill get one

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
You bought an older corner piece? I didn't think they'd fit bc the o,see grill has a chrome piece next to the corners, but the newer grill doesn't...

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinkin I'll just grab the new style filler pieces and bumper brackets while I'm at it. You can order those really cheap too. Like $4 or something a piece.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
it fits fine the prob is there is a clip deal off the end of the newer filler and there isnt a groove in the old filler for it.....brainstorm Im not buying another one Ill get out my snips........I bought the older one in a junkyard and didnt realize there was a diff at the time

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Is this the groove you're taking about?

You must be registered for see images attach

I've never really noticed that difference. Strange.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered the corner pieces from rock auto. They were $2.16 ea before shipping. Can't beat that. Also picked up a couple of bushings and some little things. I could get in big trouble shopping there too often. I still need to pick up my rear calipers but they are $80 ea. Gotta hold off on that, I'll try and sneak them in with the next big order of parts. :)