Chris6060's 1994 Silverado Z71 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Okay. So. Much progress. I have no drivers license for 8 months for unexplained reasons. I'll explain if there is enough interest, but do not care to bore you guys unnecessarily with my life details, this is not a blog.

So I have acquired a 2005 LQ4, a 2004 4L80E brand new remanned from GM, and a 2005 NP241C.

You must be registered for see images attach

I will not have a license for 8 more months.

Now I have major, major plans for this truck and it will all be starting with the motor, trans will be taken care of by a shop (recommendations on anything?), moving into frame restoration (need options, opinions and ANY expertise as this is my least experienced area), then onto fuel system, then suspension and then reassembly.

I'm looking at 4 link converting it, but do not know if ridetech's kit will fit for a 2WD underneath a 4WD frame or what modifications it may need. I know a fabricator/welder that can help if I need. I don't think it's too crazy. Heres the kit: http://www.ridetech.com/store/1988-1998-chevy-c1500-airbar-system.html

NEED OPINIONS ON BRAKES PLEASE!!

Truck has a 14bolt SF 6-bolt G-80 rear I plan to install a tru-trac into. How much power can this diff handle?

I know the NP241C has been used behind cummins in the past, so I am not worried about it's durability.

Now my half ton front diff, what is it's limits going to be? I do not plan to floor it on dry pavement in 4WD ever (I mean if it can take it, maybe once just for fun... at the drag strip :O ), just to get around in the winter.

What are my tire size options on a +0 offset 20" rim? I'm looking at Nitto 420s in 305/50R20's at the moment which measure out to 32.04"x12.44".

What can I do for the 4WD front suspension to make this truck handle somewhat well? What shocks, what do I do about torsion bars? New ones? Was thinking lowering keys as well.

The motor is a major question for me. I'm reading a few books on LS motors at the moment. I'm not sure what route will be best for a daily driver that can run with most cars in a straight line and have fun on a course. Turbo, supercharger, n/a, stroker...

You aren't gona break the 14 bolt. That's the axle all the NBS guys with big built turbo engines swap in. The front axle is much! Weaker but as long as you only use it on slick surfaces you should be ok until you catch traction. Idk what to tell you about making a 4x4 truck handle. I vote turbo for the engine. 5.3s love boost.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You aren't gona break the 14 bolt. That's the axle all the NBS guys with big built turbo engines swap in. The front axle is much! Weaker but as long as you only use it on slick surfaces you should be ok until you catch traction. Idk what to tell you about making a 4x4 truck handle. I vote turbo for the engine. 5.3s love boost.

Its a 6.0 D: lol