Chris6060's 1994 Silverado Z71 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just noticed I've never made a member truck thread for my truck.

I bought this truck in February of 2011, as my first vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thats right after I bought it.

The truck came with an older high end Alpine single-din deck in it, with loooow end Alpine Type S 4x6s in the dash.

First thing I did was add a sub in the front of a custom built sub encloser/center console.

Then, removed the canopy.

Drove it like that for quite a while.

Ditched the running boards next and added a couple rear window stickers.

Next upgrade was headlight housings and LED turn signals, all ANZOUSA lighting.

I did ANZOUSA LED taillights (which I LOVE) shortly after my exhaust, which is next, but don't have any pictures of them yet. I'll take some this summer.

After all of that I did DDMtuning 5000k HIDs in my high and low beams as well, but don't have pics of that yet either.

Next was a new exhaust system. True duals, manifold back with dual high flow cats and dual flowmaster 40s with Aero Exhaust stainless steel double walled exhaust tips. (Best tips I've ever seen. Had them on for an entire winter here, which is salt, ice, slush, snow, rocks, everything and they look brand new.)

The cats

Flowmaster 40s

and finally, the tips. This picture doesn't do justice how awesome this exhaust exit looks. I'll take better pictures one of these days.

and of course a sound clip right after install (phone died at the end of the vid, but thats when I stopped anyway.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB30h4X-iCA

Its getting a lot louder now that the exhaust has been on for a while, but I've also developed a large exhaust leak where the manifold meets the piping, so I'm going to be replacing the manifolds with shorty's just because why not haha

After this, I put in an Alpine 1000w MRX-m100 amp and blew up my CVR10 Kicker.

So I replaced it with a 10" Rockford Fosgate P3D2-10 (P3, dual two ohm voice coils). Wired it down to 4-ohm to run 600w off the Alpine which was perfect for the sub's 500w RMS rating.

Then I got bored of just having crappy 4x6s and a sub. So I put in Rockford Fosgate 6.5" coaxial T165s in my kick panels with a Rockford Fosgate P300x2 amp, but I don't have any pictures of this yet. Then I put two Rockford Fosgate Power series 4x6s to replace the old Alpine's in the dash that I bought the truck with.

And now I've added two more P3D2-10s under my back seat in a downfiring enclosure. So now I have a total of 3 P3D2-10s. The two in the downfiring are running off a new Alpine MRX-M110 in 2-ohm (1100w total, 550w to each sub.) and the third is still running off the MRX-M100 in 4-ohm.

Downfiring box with 1 P3D2-10 in it.

P3D2-10s about to be put in.

The pile of Rockford stuff I'm collecting. And I have 2 Alpine amp boxes and another Rockford box but I ran out of room lol

Now I've bought these Esky mirrors (Shout out to GMC Burbalade for this, quick shipping, easy to deal with, just awesome in general to buy from.)
I have to repaint them and replace the glass in one and then I'll put them on the truck this spring. (Still -15 here.)

The truck also has all the ultimate TBI mods done, 350 air box silencer deleted, replaced with a stock 305 intake tube, new plugs, dist. cap, regular maintenance stuff. Truck runs a 0W-40 Mobil Delvac1 synthetic diesel oil with a Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and a Hastings LF393 oil filter. Changed every 5000kms.

Trucks been super great to me so far. It has 215,000kms on it now. I bought it with 187,000 on it in 2011.

I have big dreams for this truck, I wanna get it up to a reliable 300-350HP and I kind of want to drop it just a little bit. But it is 4x4 (Z71) so I'm not really sure yet.

I love this truck, and more will be coming with time hopefully. I have to replace the front bumper at the moment because it slid down my driveway on ice into my buddy's hitch in the middle of the night.

Excited to hear what you guys think of it so far.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Looking pretty sawweeet!

but I gotta ask

i searched it, I couldnt find it............what is the Ultimate TBI mods?

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking pretty sawweeet!

but I gotta ask

i searched it, I couldnt find it............what is the Ultimate TBI mods?

Its some mods to your throttle body on a throttle body injected engine to make it flow more CFM than stock. When I'm on my computer I'll post a link for you. I'll also be taking my TB apart soon to do the last Ultimate TBI mod, which is whats called the "Quarter mod", so i'll take some pics while its apart if I remember.

Heres some more pics of my exhaust tips.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, I'm a sucker for white ones

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took some more pictures today. Kinda cool to be able to drive on a lake right before April.

I also took a video to show what my exhaust sounds like now that the mufflers are broken in. (Watch in 720P or higher for best sound quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34L70scj8zA

Last edited:

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks you guys! I'm glad you think so.

I don't know what route to go though. I don't know if I should drop it a bit or not. I want it to have wider tires. 285s I think. I was thinking of maybe lowering 2" in the back or 2/4, but I do really like it now as well.

I don't know if I wanna colour match and demold it or leave the molding and the chrome bumpers with a colour matched grill.

So many choices lol

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay. So. Much progress. I have no drivers license for 8 months for unexplained reasons. I'll explain if there is enough interest, but do not care to bore you guys unnecessarily with my life details, this is not a blog.

So I have acquired a 2005 LQ4 (6.0), a 2004 4L80E brand new remanned from GM, and a 2005 NP241C.

I will not have a license for 8 more months.

Now I have major, major plans for this truck and it will all be starting with the motor, trans will be taken care of by a shop (recommendations on anything?), moving into frame restoration (need options, opinions and ANY expertise as this is my least experienced area), then onto fuel system, then suspension and then reassembly.

I'm looking at 4 link converting it, but do not know if ridetech's kit will fit for a 2WD underneath a 4WD frame or what modifications it may need. I know a fabricator/welder that can help if I need. I don't think it's too crazy. Heres the kit: http://www.ridetech.com/store/1988-1998-chevy-c1500-airbar-system.html

NEED OPINIONS ON BRAKES PLEASE!!

Truck has a 14bolt SF 6-bolt G-80 rear I plan to install a tru-trac into. How much power can this diff handle?

I know the NP241C has been used behind cummins in the past, so I am not worried about it's durability.

Now my half ton front diff, what is it's limits going to be? I do not plan to floor it on dry pavement in 4WD ever (I mean if it can take it, maybe once just for fun... at the drag strip :O ), just to get around in the winter.

What are my tire size options on a +0 offset 20" rim? I'm looking at Nitto 420s in 305/50R20's at the moment which measure out to 32.04"x12.44".

What can I do for the 4WD front suspension to make this truck handle somewhat well? What shocks, what do I do about torsion bars? New ones? Was thinking lowering keys as well.

The motor is a major question for me. I'm reading a few books on LS motors at the moment. I'm not sure what route will be best for a daily driver that can run with most cars in a straight line and have fun on a course. Turbo, supercharger, n/a, stroker...

Last edited: